Looking to explore the vibrant culture, rich history and stunning landscapes of Turkey? Well, you’re in luck! With an eVisa, obtaining a travel authorization for this breathtaking country has never been easier. Whether you’re planning on soaking up the sun on its gorgeous beaches or wandering through ancient ruins steeped in mythology, our ultimate guide is here to help make your journey seamless. From understanding the application process to navigating entry requirements and visa types available – we’ve got it all covered. So get ready to pack your bags and embark on a journey of a lifetime with our comprehensive guide on how to obtain an eVisa for Turkey! eVisa for Turkey
What is an eVisa for Turkey?
An eVisa for Turkey is an electronic visa that allows you to enter Turkey for tourism or business purposes. You can apply for an eVisa online, and it will be sent to you electronically. An eVisa is valid for a single entry into Turkey, and it allows you to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Eligibility Requirements for Obtaining an eVisa
There are a few eligibility requirements that you must meet in order to obtain an eVisa for Turkey. First, you must have a passport that is valid for at least six months from the date of your arrival in Turkey. You will also need to have a credit or debit card in order to pay the visa fee. Additionally, you will need to have a recent passport-style photograph of yourself, as well as proof of travel insurance. You must be able to show that you have enough financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Turkey.
How to Apply for an eVisa for Turkey
Turkey introduced the eVisa in 2013 to facilitate travel to the country for foreigners. The eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows eligible citizens of select countries to apply for and obtain a Turkey visa online, without having to visit a Turkish embassy or consulate. Emergency Visa for Turkey
To apply for a Turkey eVisa, you will need to fill out an online application form and submit it, along with the required documents. Once your application is approved, you will receive your eVisa via email. You will then need to print out the eVisa and carry it with you when you travel to Turkey.
The following is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Turkey eVisa:
- Go to the official website of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs (https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/).
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Select your country of citizenship from the drop-down menu and click on the “Continue” button.
- Fill out the online application form with all required information and click on the “Submit” button when finished.
- Make payment for the visa fee using a credit or debit card, or PayPal account (if available). Note that payments made via PayPal are subject to an additional service fee.
- Once your payment has been processed, you will be able
Fees and Payment Options
When applying for a Turkish eVisa, you will be required to pay a fee. The fee is currently $60 USD for a single-entry visa, which is valid for 90 days, and $120 USD for a multiple-entry visa, which is valid for 180 days. Payment can be made using a credit or debit card.
If you are from one of the following countries, you are eligible for a reduced fee: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia. The reduced fee is $35 USD for a single-entry visa and $70 USD for a multiple-entry visa.
There are also some exceptions to the eVisa fee. If you are under the age of 18 or over the age of 65, you do not have to pay the eVisa fee. Additionally, if you are traveling to Turkey for medical treatment or to attend a scientific conference, you may also be exempt from the eVisa fee.
Tips for a Smooth Application Process
The application process for an eVisa for Turkey is relatively simple and straightforward. However, there are a few things that you can do to make the process even smoother and simpler. Here are some tips:
- Make sure that you have all of the required documents before starting the application process. This includes your passport, a digital photo, and any other supporting documentation that may be required.
- Fill out the application form completely and accurately. Incomplete or inaccurate forms will likely be rejected.
- Pay the application fee using a credit or debit card. You will not be able to complete the application without paying this fee.
- Once you have submitted your application, wait patiently for a response. The processing time can take up to several weeks, depending on the time of year and demand.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an email notification with further instructions on how to obtain your eVisa. Follow these instructions carefully to ensure that you receive your eVisa in a timely manner.
Alternatives to the eVisa System
There are a few alternatives to the eVisa system for Turkey. The first is to get a visa from a Turkish embassy or consulate. This can be done by going in person or through the mail. The second option is to get a visa on arrival at a Turkish airport. This can be done by presenting your passport and proof of travel plans to the immigration officer. The third alternative is to get a residence permit before traveling to Turkey. This can be done by applying for one at a Turkish embassy or consulate, or through certain online services.
We hope this guide has been helpful in showing you how to obtain an eVisa for Turkey. With the right documentation, a few simple steps and a bit of patience, you can easily obtain your eVisa and start planning your trip abroad! From applying for an eVisa online to gathering all the necessary documents, make sure that you have everything in order before submitting your application – and don’t forget to double-check it! Good luck on your travels; we wish you all the best as you explore Turkey with an eVisa!